The Association of Field Ornithologists (AFO) wants your help in designing a logo concept for its business Avinet that specializes at providing essential field supplies to wildlife researchers. AFO’s research supply company began as a distributor of mist nets to ornithologists in the 1950s and has continued to grow to include other essential products to wildlife researchers. In 2016, AFO made purchase of the assets and operation of Avinet, Inc. and has merged operations with Avian Research Supplies.
We are seeking logo concept design ideas from those who may have interest and skill at generating a logo for branding Avinet. A design that we select may be modified or amended based on the recommendations of the selection committee. Please provide a clean and finished concept image but keep in mind that we reserve the right to modify the design to best achieve our marketing goals.
We are offering a $300 prize to the design that we select for use as our brand logo.
MORE ABOUT AVINET:
Avinet provides essential tools and equipment that serve the needs of researchers studying birds and bats. Customers include academic researchers, government agency biologists, private consultants, and scientific and educational nonprofit groups across the globe. Core products include mist nets used for bird and bat capture, bird-banding pliers and measurement tools, color bands for individually marking birds, poles for erecting nets, and other essentials. Please visit www.avinet.com for a view of current products and our current online storefront to develop ideas.
Please e-mail your design as a .jpeg, .pdf, or .psd to AFOnets@briloon.org with the subject line: LOGO CONCEPT CONTEST. The deadline for submissions is 8:00pm on Sunday, February 4th 2018. We expect to select a winning concept and notify participants on Sunday, February 18th, 2018.
- The effect of whisper calls on the settlement decisions in female Veeries - July 29, 2018
- Implications for using singed feathers in determining geographic origin with wildlife forensics approaches - June 29, 2018
- Logo Concept Design Contest - December 8, 2017
- Membership Renewal Changes - November 2, 2016
- Response of gut microbiota to the energetic demands of long-distance passerine migration - April 30, 2016
- U.S. federal and state legislative news alerts for ornithologists - February 15, 2016
- A New Home for the AFO - February 3, 2015