How climate affects the timing of bird migration is a key question in the study of migratory bird ecology. One of our colleagues, Maggie MacPherson, a PhD candidate at Tulane University, is modeling how Tyrannus flycatchers track rainfall vs. temperature across the Western Hemisphere.
See her website for animated maps showing how Eastern Kingbirds (Tyrannus tyrannus), Tropical Kingbirds (T. melancholicus) and Fork-tailed Flycatchers (T. s. savana) track temperature vs. rainfall throughout the year.
- Maggie MacPherson’s poster at SICB 2017 - January 11, 2017
- Diego Tuero’s poster at ISBE2016 - August 23, 2016
- Poster presentations at NAOC2016 - August 20, 2016
- What is the relationship between climate and flycatcher migration? - May 16, 2016
- Vichada, Colombia 2016 - May 6, 2016
- Flycatcher migration in Tucumán - March 2, 2016
- Mato Grosso do Sul 2016 - February 29, 2016
- Tucuman, Argentina 2015 - November 4, 2015
- Brasilia 2015 - October 20, 2015
- Presentations at X NOC / XXII CBO - July 29, 2015